Join us as Casey talks with Massad Ayoob of the Massad Ayoob Group.
ALL OF THEM!
Massad Ayoob’s Bio – A long history and life study:
- Started Young
- Seeking out more knowledge
- Writing books, competitions, law enforcement
- Personal Defense TV
- Massad Ayoob Group
Expert Witness for Firearms in Court – Your Career Under a Microscope
Panteao Productions Instructor
- Training Courses
- Model of Instructor Development
- Classes are ALWAYS about the student
Focus on Legal Aspects of Firearms
- The most Righteous Shooting will still be a long process of investigation, a homicide investigation.
- Most train on the shooting stuff but not what happens after.
- Affirmative Defense – Higher Standard of Proof.
- Zimmerman Case
- CA Police Officer shoots Kid with Toy AK
Questions from Listeners
What considerations (if any) should be taken with gun, gear, modifications, etc. for the legal aftermath of a shoot?
- If the other side has no case, they must fabricate and attack.
- Do you want to explain a Punisher logo on your your gun in court?
- The role certain firearms & parts.
- Firearms company policy may play a role
- Trigger Mods (3.5 disconnector, etc.)
- State of Florida v. Luis Alvarez
What is the most common mistake you have to correct during your firearms training and how do you correct it?
- Violating “Rule 3”
- Fingers Prematurely on Triggers
- Media violates it all the time
- Most broken safety rule
- Law Enforcement officer study
Personal Defense TV and Panteao Productions
- Armed and Alive 1979
- In The Gravest Extreme: The Role of the Firearm in Personal Protection
- The Experts Speak Out: The Police View of Gun Control 1981
- The Truth About Self-Protection
- Stressfire: Volume I of Gunfighting for Police: Advanced Tactics and Techniques with Ray Chapman
- Gunproof Your Children / Massad Ayoob’s Handgun Primer
- Hit The White Part
- The Semi-Automatic Pistol in Police Service and Self Defense
- Police Survival Shooting (How Close is too Close)
- Stressfire II: Advanced Combat Shotgun. Volume II of Gunfighting for Police: Advanced Tactics and Techniques
- Effective Defense: The Woman, the Plan, the Gun with Gila May-Hayes
- Ayoob on Firearms CD collection of 40 articles from Backwoods Home Magazine
- Ayoob Files: The Book
- Fundamentals of Modern Police Impact Weapons
- The Complete Book of Handguns
- The Gun Digest Book of Combat Handgunnery (with Chuck Taylor)
- Gun Digest Book of SIG-Sauer: A Complete Look at SIG Sauer Pistols
- The Gun Digest Book Of Beretta Pistols
- The Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry
- Greatest Handguns of The World
- Stressfire Volume III: Rifle
- LFI Handgun Safety
- Physio-Psychological Aspects of Violent Encounters
- Post Shooting Trauma
- Judicious Use of Deadly Force
Panteao Productions Videos
Upcoming Events for 2014
ProArms Podcast – Jan 2014
As always, don’t forget to Listen, Like and SHARE! On your favorite social media platform, and leave us a rating/ review on iTunes or your favorite podcast program!
The Practical Tactical Podcast and Blog are presented free of charge. As always, please leave your feedback as we want this to be a discussion, and feel free to share our posts and subscribe without worry…we will never sell your email/contact information. Also be aware that while we only recommend or advertise products we know, trust, have used and believe in, most links in the resources section of the site are affiliate links. What that means is that if you purchase an item we link to such as a book from Amazon, or an Aimpoint from Brownell’s, we may receive a modest commission on that purchase. Thanks for your understanding and support. We are pleased to have you as a listener, reader and community member.