Casey interviews Ephraim Rogers the President of Warrior Shoot Event Group (WSEG)
ALL OF THEM!
“It is our mission to dynamically empower battlefield wounded Soldiers, Marines, Airmen and Sailors by providing events that re-enforce the warrior ethos and provide technical and tactical opportunities while promoting self-worth and the drive to be a viable asset to the community.” –WSEG Inc.
These types of events are essential to our Warriors for a number of reasons:
1) Many US shooting ranges are not handicapped accessible or are limited to certain areas.
2) The financial strain of recovery may preclude a wounded service member from having the discretionary income needed to enjoy range activities or warrior based events.
3) Many service members do not have the support personnel needed for a safe and enjoyable event or support network to build contacts in the industry.
Knowing that healthy morale is the key to the recovery process, WSEG provides wounded troops the opportunity to not only to receive rehabilitating firearms training but also to enjoy themselves and expand their relationships with their community and industry.
The Warrior Shoot Event Group (WSEG) was started in 2007 as an idea to take service members wounded in combat to a firing range to help them retain or rediscover their fighting spirit.
Over the years this idea has blossomed into organized recreational events where Warriors get a chance to shoot various weapons at a firing range, receive further rehabilitating firearms training, and compete in shooting competitions for prizes donated by members of the tactical/fighter community.
- Background & Experience
- US Army
- How did you come up with the concept of the WSEG?
- Incorporated 2009 – Nonprofit
- What challenges have you seen with the concept?
- Tell me about past WSEG Events
- Future Role
- How has larger organizations (i.e. Wounded Warrior Project) effected WSEG
- How have you addressed potential problems (i.e. Murder of Chris Kyle)
- All funds are used to support the group & excess is donated to other organizations.
Website: Warrior Shoot Events Group
Follow them on Facebook: WarriorShootEventGroup
As always, don’t forget to Listen, Like and SHARE! On your favorite social media platform, and leave us a rating/ review on iTunes or your favorite podcast program!
The Practical Tactical Podcast and Blog are presented free of charge. As always, please leave your feedback as we want this to be a discussion, and feel free to share our posts and subscribe without worry…we will never sell your email/contact information. Also be aware that while we only recommend or advertise products we know, trust, have used and believe in, most links in the resources section of the site are affiliate links. What that means is that if you purchase an item we link to such as a book from Amazon, or an Aimpoint from Brownell’s, we may receive a modest commission on that purchase. Thanks for your understanding and support. We are pleased to have you as a listener, reader and community member.