Disclaimers and Policies
DISCLAIMERS & POLICIES
The rules..am I the only one who cares about the rules?!?!?!
Section One – Legal Disclaimer
In order to protect ourselves from lawyers, charlatans, scumbags and tomfoolery in general, We need to lay out a few things about this show and website, what it is, and what it is not.
1. The Practical Tactical Podcast is two guys opinions. This show is not, nor should it, or anything said on it or printed on the website, be construed as “legal, tax or financial advice”. If you make investing or legal decisions after listening to this show it is recommended that you consult a qualified professional first (this means: An Attorney, A CPA, or some other highly trained “expert” in whatever field we may be talking about. They generally have advanced college degrees and lots of letters behind their name. No, I do not have any recommendations on whom you should talk to.) If you don’t the decision is yours and yours alone, and the consequences thereof shall fall at your feet alone as well.
2. Every attempt is made to be accurate as to presenting “factual information” on both the podcast and the website. That said, the “fact-checking” totals exactly two people, Casey and Justin. The amount of vetting that we can do is limited, and when we cite a well known news source we are doing just that, not independently reporting or verifying the story. Whenever there is what would or could be deemed to be a major mistake, corrections and retractions are published usually both in audio and print. If you feel something that effects you or your company is in error on any broadcast or blog post, simply bring them to our attention and, if verifiable, we will correct them post haste. Heres the thing folks: We don’t want to put out bad information. We will speak our opinion, but we want the information that we have based said opinion on to be as factual as possible. If we make a mistake–and be advised, like all people we make them on a daily basis– we will make it right. Thats the right thing to do, and how we choose to conduct business.
3. The Practical Tactical Podcast is not, and should not be viewed as, a “News Source”. While we may discuss current events and cite sources, the views expressed are simply the opinions of two guys.
4. If you choose to cite The Practical Tactical Podcast as a source for any piece of information, you do so with the knowledge of the items expressed on this page. Our show, while informative and accurate, is not “fact checked” by independent third parties (other than by listeners and readers that do a great job of letting us know if we stray off track.). The show should not be used to make your point or prove you are right, rather as a form of entertainment and opinion. We assume no responsibility for anyone who uses information from this show to influence the opinions of others. Trust, but verify!
Section Two – Distribution Policy
1. The Practical Tactical Podcast is freely distributed to all audiences who choose to listen to or read it. Podcasts may be downloaded or replicated as desired for personal use, and articles organic to/ written for the site may be as well.
2. Commercial use is limited to no more than 2 minutes (120 seconds) of content per segment and requires the user of said content to credit the show, including our URL of www.practicaltacticalpodcast.com as the source of the audio. For commercial use greater than 2 minutes (120 seconds) per segment please contact us and we will review your request. In most instances such use will be approved with no fees charged. We simply wish to review any use greater than 2 minutes in length that will be used for commercial purposes and ensure it is something we are OK with being associated with.
3. Non-commercial distribution of this show from short segments to entire episodes, or even many episodes is not only acceptable, it is encouraged. If you want to create CDs/MP3s/videos/whatever and hand them out for no charge, feel free! This information is freely given with the understanding that you advise recipients to read this page of our website to ensure they are aware of our disclaimers and policies.
Section Three – Adult Language and Content Warnings
1. The Practical Tactical Podcast is not a “G” rated family friendly radio show. The host will get angered at times, going on rants and raves, and use what is commonly referred to as “adult language” though such use is rare. This show is marketed to adults. Given the nature of the topics being discussed, we recommend a thick skin. We make every effort to remain as “clean” as possible–but, we are humans and have been known to loose our shit from time to time.
2. We recognize that many of our listeners may not approve of the use of phrases such as “bullshit” rather then the customary “B.S.” substitutions many others choose to use. However, we feel most sources of information are watered down and do not address the true nature of modern times. Suck it up, buttercup. Put on your big boy panties.
3. Adult language is used to express genuine anger and/ or add emphasis. Many shows won’t use any such language, other shows may use quite gratuitously. This use of language is simply to make the show authentic, it is never used for shock value or just because we can.
4. Please do not email me and say things such as “if you continue to use foul language, I won’t listen to your show anymore”. I respect your opinion and hope you can look past the occasional big-boy word from time to time, even if it is not what you would choose to use yourself. The show will not be altered to accommodate individuals that take issue with language. If you want sterilized and censored speach there are many sources of it. This is OUR show. We will continue to put out content whether you read or listen or not. Thats not being mean, thats just the way it is.
5. We believe in freedom here, if you choose to listen to our show you do so as a free human being on planet earth and therefore we are not responsible for any “mental anguish”, “mental trauma”, “feeling of being offended” or any other emotional problems that you get from doing so.
Section Four – Comments, Forums and Free Speech
1. This site aspires to the ideals of “free speech”, however via use of this show and this website it is our speech that is protected as “free speech”, not yours. This show is owned by two private people and is used to express those private individuals views, (hence the disclaimer of, “two guys’ opinions”). Any belief that your personal right to “free speech” exists on this site, which is our personal private property, is only an illusion. Your right to not be censored is a protection from the government. we will censor you all we wish. Now–We don’t do that on any regular basis. But You need to remember–you are but a guest in OUR house. Act accordingly.
2. In spite of item #1 above we try to make discussion available and uncensored. Comments are approved unless they are SPAM comments or use what can only be called “hate speech”. Racial slurs for instance are not tolerated about any race, nor is hateful language about anyone’s religion or sexual orientation. Thats just common decency and politeness. And we prefer a polite society and community.
3. Even though we don’t allow hate speech we do allow reasonable speech. Hence most comments or posts that used terms such as “radical Muslims” or “illegal aliens”, etc. would be allowed. That is assuming that such terms –
▪ Contributes constructively to the conversation
▪ Are meant to identify a group of people rather then an entire segment of society (i.e. many Mexican Americans are not illegal and many illegal aliens are not of Mexican decent)
▪ Are not intended as personal attacks on other people posting to the site
In short it is generally clear when statements are bigoted or hateful and such comments are not allowed at the discretion of the site owners and/or or their designated moderators.
4. The final decision about the publishing or deletion of any comment, post or any other form of communication is at the sole discretion of the site owners and or their designated moderators. There is no “recourse” or “appeal process”. If you wish to publish something we won’t allow either create your own site and use your own resources or find a platform that allows your type of communications. Again–Our house, our rules.
5. All comments are moderated on the blog until the poster has made a few comments that are deemed appropriate. If your comment does not show up right away don’t worry, generally moderation is performed several times a day during the week and at least twice a day on most weekends. All comments require a legitimate email address to be provided by the commenter. Your email address is used to notify you of responses to your comments or if the site owners need to contact you. It doesn’t place you on a mailing list and is never shared with the public or any other company or entity.
6. Linking to sites considered by site ownership or moderators as “hate sites” will not be permitted. While we certainly oppose “hate crime laws” as any criminal act is a criminal act and should be punished under the law of the land, we don’t endorse any true “hate group”. Hence if you wish to link to sites by “White Supremacists” or “The Black Panthers” or any such group find another place to do so. Again what constitutes a hate group or hate site is at the discretion of the site owners and/ or their designated moderators. Once again you have no free speech on this site as it is private personal property.
7. Commenters that get on a power trip and continue to “beat a dead horse” or start trying to cause arguments with the hosts or others just to be argumentative are considered trolls. Negative comments about a show, a guest, the host, etc are permitted, and even encouraged, but once made they have been heard and your point has been made. In short trolls and people who want to be a dick just for the sole purpose of being a dick are at risk of a site wide ban. Basically, don’t act like an ass and you won’t be treated like one. We expect and appreciate passionate discourse…but have some sense.
8. The use of well known mass market proxy servers are the hallmark of spammers and those whom have already been banned from the site. Such use will likely prevent comments from ever showing up. Like most WordPress sites, we use Akismet to filter our spam. If you are using proxies many times your comment will go into spam hell and get deleted and we will never even know you made it. While there are legitimate reasons to use proxies 99.9% of all comments from them are pure spam and/or people who have already been banned as trouble makers. We don’t have time to dig though 4,500 Viagra comments a day to find the .1% that might fall into the cracks.
Email addresses collected through comments, subscriptions, or other means will not be shared with third parties. We use email subscriptions to deliver content to you, not to sell your information to others. EVER!
Many times we link to other websites, and we are not responsible for the privacy policies of the linked to sites. It should also be noted that many of the links we provide are of an affiliate nature, which means that we receive a commission if you purchase the items we have linked to. This is how we continue to provide all content free of charge, and still cover the costs of running the site.
We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other websites or media without our permission.
Comments are welcomed and encouraged on this site, but there are some instances where comments will be deleted, and they have been covered above in Section Four.
The owners of this website reserve the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this website without notice.
We wish to extend our sincerest thanks to Jack Spirko of The Survival Podcast (www.thesurvivalpodcast.com) for the basic outline of the policies contained herein (why re-invent the wheel?). Jack creates a wonderful daily show on preparedness, and is truly a trail-blazer in the podcasting realm for what we are doing. Thanks, Jack! And keep up the Great Work!